Login Register

Gloucester nuisance neighbour Jackie Shields is back in jail

By The Citizen  |  Posted: August 19, 2013

ONLY a week after a nuisance neighbour was banned from a large part of Gloucester, she is back behind bars again.

Jackie Shields is alleged to have used the middle of Barton Street as a toilet and stopped a bus in the process.

That saw her banged up in Eastwood Park prison only a week after she ended a 40-day stretch there.

On Friday, August 16, Shields refused to enter the video link room at the prison, so did not appear before Gloucester Crown Court.

When Shields, whose full name is Jacqueline Ann, was freed from jail on July 21, District Judge Joti Bopa-Rai told her she didn't want to see her again.

She had served 40 days on remand for offences including outraging public decency when she defecated in the street on January 17, and an assault on March 3.

"If you cross the road you will be in deep trouble," District Judge Joti Bopa-Rai warned her on Monday, July 22.

Shields replied: "Yes, I don't want to go back to prison."

But police arrested her on Monday, July 29 for breaking the Criminal Anti-Social Behaviour Order (Crasbo) which bans her from an area where she has wreaked havoc and made shopkeepers' and residents' lives a misery.

Shields, 47, of Eastern Avenue, Gloucester was banned from an area bounded by Eastern Avenue, Metz Way, Bruton Way and Tredworth Road for two years, unless she is with a care worker or an NHS worker.

She blighted her neighbourhood by making hundreds of hoax 999 calls, which falsely put part of Coney Hill near the top of a Home Office crime map in 2011.

Last October she admitted eight crimes which ranged from stealing a cardigan from a charity shop, a magazine and a can of Special Brew lager, to three assaults and sustained harassment of staff and customers at the Emmaus charity shop in the city.

She also assaulted a woman police officer and a detention officer in separate attacks four days apart.

The Crasbo was brought by Gloucestershire Constabulary and her landlord, Gloucester City Homes.

The case on Friday was adjourned to November 9. She remains in custody.

Read more from Gloucestershire Echo